Tomatoes lovers, this is a great and simple recipe. Try it out. Don't forget that tomatoes are rich in LYCOPENE, which protects the skin. INGREDIENTS:
- 3 lbs plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary or 1 1/4 teaspoons dried ( fresh is tastier)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme or 1 1/4 teaspoons dried (again fresh is better)
- 1/4 teaspoon (or more) dried crushed red pepper
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth ( you can find them in any store)
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 16 1/4 inch-thick baguette slices
Preheat oven to 400 F. Place tomatoes, cut side up, on large baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle tomatoes with 3 tbs olive oil. Roast until brown and tender, about 1 hour. Cool slightly. Transfer tomatoes and any accumulated juices to food processor. Using on/off turns, process until slightly chunky.
Heat 3 tbsp oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 2 mins. Stir in tomatoes, rosemary, thyme and dried crushed red pepper. Add chicken stock; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until soup thickens slightly, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat. Cool slightly before stirring basil. Season with salt and pepper.
I add 1 little can of tomato paste to make it more potent. I will leave it up to you.
Bon appetite ;-)